Wedding Tip Wednesday
It's #WeddingWednesday and that means we are going to give some helpful tips on planning your Wedding.
This weeks Wedding Wednesday is What to Do if it Rains on Your Wedding Day.
You will be prepared for so many different aspects of your wedding day, down to the finest details, but weather is unreliable, not even the most organised of brides can predict what the weather is going to be like and most just hope for the best on their wedding day. But you shouldn’t let the rain spoil your wedding day, have a backup plan for if it does rain and you won’t have to worry about those gloomy looking grey clouds on your special day. So here are some tips to ensure you are prepared for the rain, just in case.
1. Always have a Plan B. Many brides and grooms dream of an outdoor wedding, but if you should always consider an indoor or sheltered alternative to avoid disappoint should the worst come to the worst. You should also make consideration for transport, perhaps the short walk to the venue from the ceremony will not seem so short in bad weather conditions.
2. Take extra care with your hair. Rain is terrible for your hair, even the most coiffed and hair-sprayed of manes.Talk to your hairstylist about making your style as secure as possible for your wedding day and ask them to show your mum or bridesmaid how to recover it if it starts to look a little windswept or frizzy.This may involve emergency supplies of hairspray, and hair straighteners close to hand.
3. Wear the right shoes. Don’t risk ruining your gorgeous wedding shoes on the way to the ceremony, having them splashed with water or mud and making yourself conscious of them for the rest of the day.Consider taking a pair of wellington boots which can even add a really fun look to your photos if the heavens open. And why not have a matching umbrella with those wellies to make sure your stay dry from head to toe.
4. What about your guests? It’s not only yourself you have to worry about if the weather is wet on your wedding day.Think about your guests and how are they going to keep warm and dry. Provide umbrellas for your soggy guests, that way your guests stay dry but this way you can choose the color of the umbrellas and make sure they match your wedding theme.
comments powered by Disqus
5. Enjoy Your Day. The very best advice is to ensure that you keep things in perspective and enjoy the day as a whole. Whether you are met with showers and storms or glorious sunshine on your wedding day, your day will be perfect no matter what, so long as you’re in the right mindset. It’s also worth knowing that a rainy wedding day is actually considered lucky in some cultures. Plus every time it rains after your big day, it will be a nice reminder of the happiest day of your life.