The Weird and Wonderful World of Weddings - Philosophical Musings
Here is a selection of quotes from well known people on the subject of marriage.
- "The man who says his wife can't take a joke, forgets that she took him." - Oscar Wilde
- “The best way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once.” - H.V. Prochnow
- "A man's wife has more power over him than the state has." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.” - Rodney Dangerfield
- "Behind every great man there is a surprised woman." - Maryon Pearson
- “They say love is blind...and marriage is an institution. Well, I'm not ready for an institution for the blind just yet.” - Mae West
- "A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished." - Zsa Zsa Gabor
- "I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her." - Rodney Dangerfield
- “Why does a woman work ten years to change a man's habits and then complain that he's not the man she married?” - Barbra Streisand
- "The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his chequebook open."
- Groucho Marx
- “Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.” - Billy Connolly
- “It's a funny thing that when a man hasn't anything on earth to worry about, he goes off and gets married.”
- Robert Frost